Monday, January 23, 2012

Kien's 7th Birthday - The Preparation Week 2 of 6

Nagging works!!! (Joke)
My loving husband is game with the "not-renting-out-any-props" idea. He suggested we make towers as entrance to the party square. There were so many sources of inspiration from the internet. So many I was almost tempted to force myself in doing a big fortress type venue. I simply looked at our bank statement and had a reality check. Budget!

Gladly, our friend Stephanie Sy, had so many DIY ideas that looked easy to do and materials are affordable.  




 Martha Stewart pompom instruction said, use 8 papers, which I did. But it seemed my pompom is a little weak.

Steph and Rae had better pompoms. Good thing I kept it and had templates to follow now.


This Glue!
I liked using the piping type elmer's glue, but this one was easier to spread without using my fingers. (or maybe I'm really just sloppy handling glue)
We went to divisioria to look for loot bags that will fit the theme of the party. I didn't want to use the plastic bags anymore. To no avail.

We went to this place called Chocolate Lovers in Quezon City. The prices were reasonable and we even found a treasure box. 10pcs for Php59.00.It was easier to shop for boxes (almost complete) There were also baking supplies and goodies for me to splurge on :)

Now the purse...I need to do something about the purse as the theme calls for purple and pink. They only have red purse. This might have to be a back-up loot bag.

At the first week of preparation, it was really overwhelming to know that there were so many things to do. A lot have not been crossed out of my list. I even bought a new planner for this! As time goes by, it now seemed easy.

My eldest sister said, she'll bring roasted chicken. My other sister will be hosting the party program and the games.  My mother-in-law will cook her 2 famous dishes. My mama, I'm forcing to cook shanghai.  And I am still counting future volunteers! ;) wink wink!