Thursday, February 16, 2012

Kien's 7th Birthday - Preparation Week 3-6 of 6

The night before Kien's birthday we transported every props we can to my husband's office building, where the event will take place. I got busy with work and didn't have time to post weekly. Instead I'm updating you in one go.
Party Favors and Table Decorations
3rd Week. We completed our trip to Divisoria to buy items for out games and lootbags. We decided that the lootbags will only have candies in them and no toys anymore.

I asked Kien if the girls will like creepy creatures. She said yes. I also added candy ponytails and rubber bands. I'm sure the mommies will like it. This morning in Kien's school, I saw some a girl wearing our give away.

Game Prizes. The toys were wrapped and color coded. The purple are for boys and the striped oranges for the girls.
 4th Week. I still needed something for the boys to wear so it's not going to be very princessy for them. So I tried looking for tutorials on how to do a pirate hat.
Pirate Hat Prototype 1. I found this suggestion from youtube, but didnt work because the head wont fit and it used half of my cartolina.

Pirate Hat Prototype 2. This one's easier to make. I decided I'm going to cut out my own hat and put studs in it. I made 16 hats out of 4 cartolinas. This project cost me P100.00
Loot Bag. I've been obsessing on finding the right purplish bag. I know a little bit of photoshop and made this instead. The final design has a bigger rococo detail on top. This is made out of lilac colored bondpaper, you can buy for P30.00. Made 10 of these.

5th Week. Nothing much happened on the fifth week. The tower for the castle needed shingles and that was it for that week. 

My husband fashioned this from scrap boxes. I wanted fish scales shingles so he made me do the shingles.


6th Week. I promised myself that everything will be complete on the 5th week, until I remembered the games!  This is the week when I will follow up my cake, food, tables and chairs for the kids, and face painting.


Games. Pin the Pirate. We have extra cartolina, and my husband draws. Combine both, cost free props!

The cupcakes at red ribbon cost P450.00 for 6 cupcakes. I want 24 cup cakes. cant spend that much, so we baked. The only expensive ingredient was the Goya chocolate I used.

Excuse the graffiti on the wall. Those were sprayed paint the week before this event by Vynil on Vynil. They're work of art!

Those balloons on the floor have been popped by my cute son when I came back to the venue. I love those pompoms too! (those were salvaged from 2 different events)

Castle. The bar B-Side who lent us their chairs and tables have high tables too. That is where we stapled the castle walls. Thank you B-Side!



 The Happy Guests.


We are so grateful to a lot of people have helped and lent us their personal and business stuff just so Kien can have this one happy party. I want to list them all!


Lola Shirley and Lola Baby - For watching over Kimbo while all the Ate's were busy helping with the prep. Also for the extra food you prepared.
Lolo Chris - Photo Booth
Tita Pet - For Hosting the Party
Tita Pet's Friend - For the purple mantles
Tsang - for bringing chicken
Te Willette - For the Chaffing and plates
Rae & Steph - for the Pompoms and great ideas
Malinao & Jimenez Family for helping clean up all the mess we made that day.
Kim - the father of my kids. For spoiling us at this party. Kien had everything she wanted, even her face on the tarpaulin :)

***