Saturday, January 7, 2012

Usok

I care too much about my environment. I know i'm not perfect, i dont even segregate my trash yet. But I'm sure a step at a time is better than none.

This morning i have 8 kids with 8 young lungs in my house. All of a sudden there is this thick grey smoke in front of our window and we are on the fifth floor. I tried to look for the source of the smoke. Run around our block like crazy.

Smoke machine parking lot

In this big parking lot are two piles of used lumber lit into a bonfire. This parking lot is located near a slaughter house. I'm sure i am also smelling burning pig hair.

I demanded from the parking lot  attendant that he put the fire out! In my amazement, this attendant said he doesn't know who's done it, therefore wont do anything about it. Then second attendant comes out telling me, that it was Kapitan Lino Zaraspe who ordered it and said, he cant do anything about it.

I was so upset that I yelled "patayin nyo yang lason na yan" (put out that poison). Then this attendant2 said, "hindi lason yan! Walang kemikal yan!" (that's no poison, no chemical). See the ignorance. The ignorance is even more upsetting.

They wont put out the fire still. I had to ran around the block to look for this kapitan. This is sooooo not acceptable.

After several turns in our block again, we ended up infront of the parking lot, again. Apparently, Kapitan's house is infront of the parking lot. There was no Kapitan, he is in Batangas daw. We ended up talking to his neighbor and his father. The good old man is wearing a mask. He has asthma. Around 70-80 year old man with asthma.

He said he will talk to hid Kapitan son when he comes back from the province. The neighbor said kapitan is a good natured man. That he is reasonable. They said it's pakikisama that they allowed him through this years to smog all of their houses.

Still...something must be done. I hope something good comes out of this upsetting incident. I cant bear having to take all those fumes. I cant take that my daughter and son will have to endure it weekly. I cant accept that the whole neighborhood is quiet and not protesting this wrong doing. We need to set it right.