Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baking makes me spaced out happy!

Over the weekend my nephews visited our sony PS3 place. My husband once told me, that the best time for me to bake is when I have my beautiful boys in our place. So I baked! I mean fry.

Here is the first jelly donut I successfully made.  The recipe is from Food Network.  It was ok, but my husband said the dough needs to be a little sweet, but I think the granulated sugar well compensated for the dough lack of sweetness. The ones we used to eat in Melbourne smelled yummier and sweeter. My sister said it was too sweet for her.  Well, the boys, just ate without much comment.

The next day, my other nephew visited us as well. I told him I'd bake him donuts too! This time I looked for a recipe that will use some spice. This time the recipe was from Allrecipes.com. It has nutmeg and a lot more sugar on the dough. The recipe used confectioner sugar instead. Husband likes it much better this time. My sister, still thinks it sweet.

With all that kneading and frying, someone will eat it without any judgement or comment. Who could it be? My cute little baby. Just as long as there's no jam he'll fill his mouth with any type of bread. :)