Sunday, October 16, 2011

She doesn't wanna hold hands anymore


My six year old daughter had her ballet pictorial yesterday. It run 2 hours late. We were there for four hours.

When it was time to go home, we headed down the escalator. I reached for her hand to guide her the motherly way that I could. Only to be told, "i'll do it myself mama".

Felt a little reality pain and hug my husband instead.

I realized, this is not going to be the only thing I will eventually miss. So when my daughter asked, "when are we going to bake mama?" I immediately answered "tonight".

Hence this clay looking cake .

An activity with my daughter is not always laughter and fun. It's sometimes injected with lessons and scoldings.

I just wish every day I dont run out of things we can do together when the novelty of the walking and the strolling in the park wears off.


Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4